This project introduced the concept of Realistic Medicine, Shared Decision Making and the ‘5 questions’ to school pupils and sought to address the Citizens Jury recommendation that there should be, ‘School visits to educate children about how to participate in shared decision-making by nurses or doctors’.
The aims and objectives were to:
- Introduce Realistic Medicine 5 Question concept to school pupils and increasing awareness of the underpinning principles by 50% by Jan 2020.
- Introduce a different approach to healthcare for young people.
- Develop knowledge and skills to make more informed health choices.
- Help young people to learn ways in which they can take responsibility for their own health.
Click on the following links for the resource material.
- Project Outline & Guide
- Health Headlines Activity – Outline Health Headlines Activity – Resources
- Making the Right Choice – Outline Making the Right Choice – Resources
- Realistic Medicine Shared Decision Making – Outline
- Jobs Activity – Outline Patient Journey – Outline
- 999 Posters – Resources Patient Journey Posters – Resources
- Picture for Listening Activity 5 Question Posters – Resources
- Mental Health Reading List NHS Quiz
- Health Websites