Suggested Experiences & Outcomes
Responsibility of All Mental & Emotional Wellbeing
- I understand that there are people I can talk to and that there are a number of ways in which I can gain access to practical and emotional support to help me and others in a range of circumstances. HWB 4-03a
- I understand that my feelings and reactions can change depending upon what is happening within and around me. This helps me to understand my own behaviour and the way others behave. HWB 4-04a
- I am learning skills and strategies which will support me in challenging times, particularly in relation to change and loss. HWB 4-07a
Responsibility of All Social Wellbeing
- As I explore the rights to which I and others are entitled, I am able to exercise these rights appropriately and accept the responsibilities that go with them. I show respect for the rights of others. HWB 4-09a
- I recognise that each individual has a unique blend of abilities and needs. I contribute to making my school community one which values individuals equally and is a welcoming place for all. HWB 4-10a
- I make full use of and value the opportunities I am given to improve and manage my learning and, in turn, I can help to encourage learning and confidence in others. HWB 4-11a
- Representing my class, school and/or wider community encourages my self-worth and confidence and allows me to contribute to and participate in society. HWB 4-12a
- Through contributing my views, time and talents, I play a part in bringing about positive change in my school and wider community. HWB 4-13a
Responsibility of All Physical Wellbeing
- I know and can demonstrate how to travel safely. HWB 4-18a
Responsibility of All Planning for Choices and Change
- Based on my interests, skills, strengths and preferences, I am supported to make suitable, realistic and informed choices, set manageable goals and plan for my further transitions. HWB 4-19a
- I am investigating different careers/occupations, ways of working, and learning and training paths. I am gaining experience that helps me recognise the relevance of my learning, skills and interests to my future life. HWB 4-20a
Benchmarks: Evaluates and evidences own interests, strengths and skills and uses them to make informed subject choices. Aligns personal profile to support management of future CVs and applications. Makes well informed choices about learning opportunities and pathways and relates these to possible future careers.
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To learn how to identify my strengths and areas for development.
- To develop understanding of my skills and how I can develop these.
- To investigate jobs/careers that may use my skills/strengths.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- I can explain what my strengths are.
- I can discuss how to develop other skills.
- I can identify how my strengths/skills could be useful in different jobs/roles.
Suggested Learning Experiences
These suggested activities/tasks are for group work within a classroom. Please select activities/tasks that are most relevant to the needs of your learners and school community. Please use your professional judgement as to how best to deliver these types of activities/tasks/content with your learners and which other staff may also be able to provide support/differentiation to meet their needs.
- What do we know?
What job/career options have learners already examined? Links could be made to previous inputs S1-3 (My Career, My Skills, My Future, The world of tomorrow, Resilience, Growth Mindset). Has anything changed? What work placement/volunteering have they been involved in?
SDS link https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/work-experience-0
SDS pupil link https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/my-career-options
- What do we need to know?
What options are there to becoming employed?
SDS link – presentation/pack on routes to employment – https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/activity/routes-employment
SDS link – volunteering https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/learn-and-train
- What’s happening here / locally? / What could we do next?
Learners could discuss/explore/examine:
What options do young people have?
What are they considering?
What might they do next?
What skills might they need to develop/strengthen?
Suggested SHANARRI Indicators
Suggested UNCRC Articles
Suggested NPF Outcome
- NPF 2.3
- NPF 2.4
- SDS https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/secondary-teachers
- NIF https://education.gov.scot/improvement/practice-exemplars/dyw43-profiling-employability-skills-and-wider-achievements
- Children’s Rights www.unicef.org.uk/rrsa
- RRSA & ASN https://www.unicef.org.uk/rights-respecting-schools/resources/teaching-resources/special-schools-convention/
- Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) https://www.un.org/development/desa/disabilities/convention-on-the-rights-of-persons-with-disabilities/the-convention-in-brief.html
- Children & Young People’s Commissioner Scotland www.cypcs.org.uk
- Children in Scotland https://childreninscotland.org.uk/
- ASDAN - https://www.asdan.org.uk/courses
- SQA - Wellbeing Award SCQF levels 3 to 5 https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/63094.html
- NHS Jobs Activity - Outline