Suggested Experiences & Outcomes
Responsibility of All Mental & Emotional Wellbeing
- I understand that there are people I can talk to and that there are a number of ways in which I can gain access to practical and emotional support to help me and others in a range of circumstances. HWB 3-03a
- I understand that my feelings and reactions can change depending upon what is happening within and around me. This helps me to understand my own behaviour and the way others behave. HWB 3-04a
- I am learning skills and strategies which will support me in challenging times, particularly in relation to change and loss. HWB 3-07a
Responsibility of All Social Wellbeing
- As I explore the rights to which I and others are entitled, I am able to exercise these rights appropriately and accept the responsibilities that go with them. I show respect for the rights of others. HWB 3-09a
- I recognise that each individual has a unique blend of abilities and needs. I contribute to making my school community one which values individuals equally and is a welcoming place for all. HWB 3-10a
- I make full use of and value the opportunities I am given to improve and manage my learning and, in turn, I can help to encourage learning and confidence in others. HWB 3-11a
- Representing my class, school and/or wider community encourages my self-worth and confidence and allows me to contribute to and participate in society. HWB 3-12a
- Through contributing my views, time and talents, I play a part in bringing about positive change in my school and wider community. HWB 3-13a
Responsibility of All Physical Wellbeing
- I know and can demonstrate how to travel safely. HWB 3-18a
Responsibility of All Planning for Choices and Change
- I am developing the skills and attributes which I will need for learning, life and work. I am gaining understanding of the relevance of my current learning to future opportunities. This is helping me to make informed choices about my life and learning. HWB 3-19a
- I am investigating different careers/occupations, ways of working, and learning and training paths. I am gaining experience that helps me recognise the relevance of my learning, skills and interests to my future life. HWB 3-20a
Benchmarks: Identifies own interests, strengths and skills and uses them to support subject choice. Manages personal profile evidencing own skills, and behaviours required, which link to the world of work. Explores a range of learning opportunities and career pathways.
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To learn how to identify my strengths and areas for development.
- To develop understanding of my skills and how I can develop these when making decisions about my future.
- To investigate jobs/careers that may use my skills/strengths.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- I can explain what my strengths are.
- I can discuss how to develop other skills that could be useful to me.
- I can identify how my strengths/skills could be useful in different jobs/roles.
Suggested Learning Experiences
These suggested activities/tasks are for group work within a classroom. Please select activities/tasks that are most relevant to the needs of your learners and school community. Please use your professional judgement as to how best to deliver these types of activities/tasks/content with your learners and which other staff may also be able to provide support/differentiation to meet their needs.
- What do we know?
What did you identify in S1 about career/job/future?
Is this the same now/has anything changed?
This may link with S1 Resilience/Growth mindset inputs. You may wish to revisit strengths/skills etc.
You may wish to use the presentation about making decisions – SDS link https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/activity/making-decisions
- What do we need to know?
What do young people think about their futures?
What types of careers/jobs/opportunities do they think there will be?
What decisions will they need to think about/make moving forward?
SDS link https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/activity/making-decisions
You may be able to access to support learners https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/my-career-options-search-planning-your-sessions
- What’s happening here / locally? / What could we do next?
Learners could discuss/explore/examine:
The opportunities they have and what options they may have in the future. Where can they find out information?
Who is able to help/support them – in school/locally?
Suggested SHANARRI Indicators
Suggested UNCRC Articles
Suggested NPF Outcome
- NPF 2.3
- NPF 2.4
- SDS https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/secondary-teachers
- Children’s Rights www.unicef.org.uk/rrsa
- RRSA & ASN https://www.unicef.org.uk/rights-respecting-schools/resources/teaching-resources/special-schools-convention/
- Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) https://www.un.org/development/desa/disabilities/convention-on-the-rights-of-persons-with-disabilities/the-convention-in-brief.html
- Children & Young People’s Commissioner Scotland www.cypcs.org.uk
- Children in Scotland https://childreninscotland.org.uk/
- ASDAN - https://www.asdan.org.uk/courses
- SQA - Wellbeing Award SCQF levels 3 to 5 https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/63094.html