Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- I make full use of and value the opportunities I am given to improve and manage my learning and, in turn, I can help to encourage learning and confidence in others. HWB 2-11a
- I have investigated the role of sport and the opportunities it may offer me. I am able to access opportunities for participation in sport and the development of my performance in my place of learning and beyond. HWB 2-26a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To explain how physical activity and sport can lead to positive destinations beyond school.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Identify who can support me to fulfill my own interests in and beyond school. HWB 2-11a
- Investigate a variety of ways to participate in sport in my local area.HWB 2-11a
- Investigate different career opportunities in the field of sport. HWB 2-26a
- Explain the benefits and opportunities that physical activity and sport can offer me in the future. HWB 2-26a
Suggested Learning Experiences
COVID Support - Education Scotland have highlighted physical education as a critical learning opportunity for pupils as they heal, re-connect, and adapt on their return to school. To support schools with these considerations and others, they have released specific guidelines designed to assist with the planning, decision-making and the safe implementation of curricular physical education.
- Mindmap the benefits of taking part in physical activity and sport – categorise these into physical and personal skills.
- Consider how these skills will benefit them now and in the future. Encourage children to think beyond P.E to encompass skills for learning, life and work.
- Investigate the range of career opportunities available in relation to sport and physical education and what they need to do to aim towards a career in this field.
- Invite a local sports person to talk to the children about how they achieved success in their sport.
- Prepare a range of interview questions to ask.
- Compile a profile of the range of personal/physical qualities that sports men and women may require when competing at major events.
Suggested Cross-Curricular Links
- TCH 2-03b - Research a famous sport person – focusing on how they achieved success – training programme – personal / professional commitment / sacrifices etc.
Suggested Word Bank
- team work