Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- I am learning to assess and manage risk, to protect myself and others, and to reduce the potential for harm when possible. HWB 1-16a
- I am discovering ways that I can link actions and skills to create movement patterns and sequences. This has motivated me to practise and improve my skills to develop control and flow. HWB 1-21a
- I know and can demonstrate how to travel safely. HWB 1-18a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To recognise actions and behaviours that contribute to the safety of myself and others.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Demonstrate different ways of moving my body safely with increasing control. HWB 1-18a
- Perform a short sequence of actions, linking movements in a controlled and smooth manner. HWB 1-21a
- Consider risk and demonstrate safety when working and sharing space with others. HWB 1-16a
Suggested Learning Experiences
The Healthy Schools approach has been designed to run alongside a core PE programme. This enables more effective support for pupils’ understanding of the importance of an active lifestyle and helps to develop skills associated with habitual physical activity.
- Individual – link a range of movement skills on floor and low level apparatus at different speeds, directions, levels and using different body parts.
- Use a range of large and small equipment eg, different shapes and sizes of ball to form a sequence of movements while keeping the object under control.
- Partner/Group – shadowing/mirroring/matching movements and sequences eg, gymnastics sequence – paying particular attention to sharing space.
- Use different parts of the body to pass and receive objects from partner or in groups to solve problems eg, passing a ball and moving into a space.
- Develop movement skills relevant to particular games, including running, stopping, jumping, chasing, dodging and skipping.
- Engage in a range of orienteering and /or team building activities.
- Create scenarios/contexts for children to identify risks in relation to the physical environment, equipment, behaviour, skills etc.
Suggested Word Bank
- speed (fast/slow)
- level (high/low/)
Parent & Community Engagement
Pathways, Tracking & Monitoring
- Year Planner (First Level)
- Experiences & Outcomes Tracking
- Safe E/O Bundle (Rights Respecting Schools )
- Pupil Learning Log and Benchmarks fsp
- Annual Progression Planner ( First Level)
- Topic Specific Planners (First Level)
- Lifestyle Ready Reckoner - Assessment Tool
- Better Movers and Thinkers (BMT) is an approach to learning and teaching in physical education designed to develop the ability of all children and young people to move and think in a more cohesive way.