Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- I am learning to assess and manage risk, to protect myself and others, and to reduce the potential for harm when possible. HWB 1-16a
- I am discovering ways that I can link actions and skills to create movement patterns and sequences. This has motivated me to practise and improve my skills to develop control and flow. HWB 1-21a
- I know and can demonstrate how to travel safely. HWB 1-18a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To recognise actions and behaviours that contribute to the safety of myself and others.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Demonstrate different ways of moving my body safely with increasing control. HWB 1-18a
- Perform a short sequence of actions, linking movements in a controlled and smooth manner. HWB 1-21a
- Consider risk and demonstrate safety when working and sharing space with others. HWB 1-16a
Suggested Learning Experiences
COVID Support - Education Scotland have highlighted physical education as a critical learning opportunity for pupils as they heal, re-connect, and adapt on their return to school. To support schools with these considerations and others, they have released specific guidelines designed to assist with the planning, decision-making and the safe implementation of curricular physical education.
- Individual – link a range of movement skills on floor and low level apparatus at different speeds, directions, levels and using different body parts.
- Use a range of large and small equipment eg, different shapes and sizes of ball to form a sequence of movements while keeping the object under control.
- Partner/Group – shadowing/mirroring/matching movements and sequences eg, gymnastics sequence – paying particular attention to sharing space.
- Use different parts of the body to pass and receive objects from partner or in groups to solve problems eg, passing a ball and moving into a space.
- Develop movement skills relevant to particular games, including running, stopping, jumping, chasing, dodging and skipping.
- Engage in a range of orienteering and /or team building activities.
- Create scenarios/contexts for children to identify risks in relation to the physical environment, equipment, behaviour, skills etc.
Suggested Word Bank
- speed (fast/slow)
- level (high/low/)