Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- Within and beyond my place of learning I am enjoying daily opportunities to participate in physical activities and sport, making use of available indoor and outdoor space. HWB 1-25a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To develop opportunities to be physically active both inside and outside school.
- To know that physical activity is enjoyable and healthy and should be part of a daily routine.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Describe and discuss activities I can do inside and outside of school. HWB 1-25a
- Identify people and organisations within my school and local community that can support me to take part and enjoy activity and sport. HWB 1-25a
- Recognise who can support me to select and organise activities I can do with a friend or group of friends. HWB 1-25a
Suggested Learning Experiences
The Healthy Schools approach has been designed to run alongside a core PE programme. This enables more effective support for pupils’ understanding of the importance of an active lifestyle and helps to develop skills associated with habitual physical activity.
- Provide opportunities for learners to engage in a variety of extra-curricular activities (lunchtime and after school).
- Plan and organise walk/cycle to school focus week or a more structured bike-ability programme.
- In groups discuss activities they take part in both in school and outside school that could contribute to a more active
- Create an activity planner/diary for a month, indicating different ways to be active both within and outside school.
- Investigate the range of extra-curricular activities available to them in their local community.
- Collaborative learning – design a playground game that would allow everyone to take part and be successful.
- Discuss the range of people who can support activities within the school and wider community eg, teacher, active schools coach, clubs, Brownies, Guides, Scouts etc.
Suggested Cross-Curricular Links
- LIT 1-26a / TCH 1-04b – select ideas and relevant information to design a leaflet to promote a sports club in their area. Use ICT software to create images, communicating ideas in an engaging and logical way.
Suggested Word Bank
Parent & Community Engagement
Pathways, Tracking & Monitoring
- Year Planner (First Level)
- Experiences & Outcomes Tracking
- Nurtured E/O Bundle (Rights Respecting Schools)
- Pupil Learning Log and Benchmarks fnp
- Annual Progression Planner ( First Level)
- Topic Specific Planners (First Level)
- Lifestyle Ready Reckoner - Assessment Tool
- Better Movers and Thinkers (BMT) is an approach to learning and teaching in physical education designed to develop the ability of all children and young people to move and think in a more cohesive way.
- Greenspace. NHS Lanarkshire resource that is designed to help show all the different options to get outdoors and reap the benefits of nature.