Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- Within and beyond my place of learning I am enjoying daily opportunities to participate in physical activities and sport, making use of available indoor and outdoor space. HWB 1-25a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To develop opportunities to be physically active both inside and outside school.
- To know that physical activity is enjoyable and healthy and should be part of a daily routine.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Describe and discuss activities I can do inside and outside of school. HWB 1-25a
- Identify people and organisations within my school and local community that can support me to take part and enjoy activity and sport. HWB 1-25a
- Recognise who can support me to select and organise activities I can do with a friend or group of friends. HWB 1-25a
Suggested Learning Experiences
COVID Support - Education Scotland have highlighted physical education as a critical learning opportunity for pupils as they heal, re-connect, and adapt on their return to school. To support schools with these considerations and others, they have released specific guidelines designed to assist with the planning, decision-making and the safe implementation of curricular physical education.
- Provide opportunities for learners to engage in a variety of extra-curricular activities (lunchtime and after school).
- Plan and organise walk/cycle to school focus week or a more structured bike-ability programme.
- In groups discuss activities they take part in both in school and outside school that could contribute to a more active
- Create an activity planner/diary for a month, indicating different ways to be active both within and outside school.
- Investigate the range of extra-curricular activities available to them in their local community.
- Collaborative learning – design a playground game that would allow everyone to take part and be successful.
- Discuss the range of people who can support activities within the school and wider community eg, teacher, active schools coach, clubs, Brownies, Guides, Scouts etc.
Suggested Cross-Curricular Links
- LIT 1-26a / TCH 1-04b – select ideas and relevant information to design a leaflet to promote a sports club in their area. Use ICT software to create images, communicating ideas in an engaging and logical way.
Suggested Word Bank
Parent & Community Engagement
Pathways, Tracking & Monitoring
- Year Planner (First Level)
- Nurtured E/O Bundle with UNCRC links
- Pupil Learning Log and Benchmarks fnp
- Annual Progression Planner ( First Level)
- Topic Specific Planners (First Level)
- Personalised Year Planner (First Level)
- Greenspace. NHS Lanarkshire resource that is designed to help show all the different options to get outdoors and reap the benefits of nature.