Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- I recognise that each individual has a unique blend of abilities and needs. I contribute to making my school community one which values individuals equally and is a welcoming place for all. HWB 1-10a
- I can follow and understand rules and procedures, developing my ability to achieve personal goals. I recognise and can adopt different roles in a range of practical activities. HWB 1-23a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To develop an understanding of how their individual skills and the skills of others, contribute to a group/team situation.
- To work co-operatively in groups and provide and receive peer support.
- To develop own and others’ self-worth and self-esteem through effective participation.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Show persistence when facing a challenge and work through it to achieve success. HWB 1-23a
- Demonstrate how to work with others in a range of activities. HWB 1-10a
- Adopt different roles and show consideration for the feelings of others.HWB 1-23a
- Develop my own and others' self worth and self esteem through effective participation. HWB 1-10a
Suggested Learning Experiences
COVID Support - Education Scotland have highlighted physical education as a critical learning opportunity for pupils as they heal, re-connect, and adapt on their return to school. To support schools with these considerations and others, they have released specific guidelines designed to assist with the planning, decision-making and the safe implementation of curricular physical education.
The purpose of the following activities is to boost the self-esteem of the children as it aims to highlight that everyone has strengths that can be used to the benefit of each other. This will help to create a strong class ethos and encourage the class to work together as a team.
- Develop teamwork through participation in a wide range of small sided/team activities.
- Engage in a range of team-building activities and cooperative games in which everyone has a role.
- Create games which require a contribution from and a role for everyone using simple or no equipment eg, hand- clapping sequence; mirroring movements.
- Facilitate opportunities for co-operative learning activities to support group and individual learning.
- Create profiles outlining physical, emotional and social qualities they are good at and others they need to work on. Develop rules to ensure maximum participation and engagement.
- Create rules for working together as a team and display these in the gym hall.
Suggested Cross-Curricular Links
- TCH 1-04a / TCH 1-04b – create short video clips of children working in group/team activities to support and enhance learning and to outline the qualities of what makes a good team. eg, self and peer assessment.
Suggested Word Bank
- team work