Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- I value the opportunities I am given to make friends and be part of a group in a range of situations. HWB 0-14a
- I am enjoying daily opportunities to participate in different kinds of energetic play, both outdoors and indoors. HWB 0-25a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To recognise that taking part in physical activity can be fun and provide opportunities to make friends.
- To know how to be physically active both inside and outside the classroom.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Discuss how working and playing together can be fun and form good friendships. HWB 0-14a
- Choose activities I can take part in with my friends both indoors and outside. HWB 0-25a
Suggested Learning Experiences
COVID Support - Education Scotland have highlighted physical education as a critical learning opportunity for pupils as they heal, re-connect, and adapt on their return to school. To support schools with these considerations and others, they have released specific guidelines designed to assist with the planning, decision-making and the safe implementation of curricular physical education.
- Engage in play with a variety of peers, including those who are friends or not friends.
- Provide opportunities for children to work on their own/with a partner/in a small group and as a class. Practice being both the leader and follower in a variety of physical activities to allow children to take turns and perform different roles.
- Practice sharing an object (e.g., ball) and space with another person.
- Provide a range of activities eg, activity stations that children can choose from to develop specific skills with their peers.
- Playground games – provide a range of equipment that children can select to invent own games to play on own and with others.
- Provide opportunities for children to offer positive feedback to their peers
- Discuss times when they have worked and played well with others.
- Create a display of photos of children working co-operatively in the gym hall/during physical activity.
- Create a poster to promote physical activity as fun.
- Look at images of children playing together and consider how it makes them feel eg, happy, safe, included.
Suggested Cross-Curricular Links
- LIT 0-21b – children brainstorm words and phrases that describe ways of caring and showing empathy.
- LIT 0-26a - Create a set of rules for working together cooperatively in the gym hall.
Suggested Word Bank
Parent & Community Engagement
Pathways, Tracking & Monitoring
- Year Planner (Early Level)
- Nurtured E/O Bundle (Rights Respecting Schools)
- Pupil Learning Log and Benchmarks enp
- Annual Progression Planner ( Early Level)
- Topic Specific Planners ( Early Level)
- Personalised Year Planner (Early Level)
- Greenspace. NHS Lanarkshire resource that is designed to help show all the different options to get outdoors and reap the benefits of nature.