Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- I recognise that each individual has a unique blend of abilities and needs. I contribute to making my school community one which values individuals equally and is a welcoming place for all. HWB 0-10a
- I am aware of my own and others’ needs and feelings especially when taking turns and sharing resources. I recognise the need to follow rules. HWB 0-23a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To understand that everyone has an important role to play when working together.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Explore different roles when working with a partner and small group. HWB 0-10a
- Demonstrate how to be fair and tolerant and allow others to have their turn within a variety of activities. HWB 0-23a
- Begin to show how to be supportive of my friends when working and learning together. HWB 0-23a
Suggested Learning Experiences
- Provide children with the opportunity to work with different groups and to take turns at being the group leader.
- Give children opportunities to take on different roles within a range of physical activities.
- Provide opportunities for children to be involved in small-sided or mini team games.
- Discuss the responsibilities that each different role entails.
- Discuss which roles they liked best and why. Use this discussion to reinforce to children the importance of everyone feeling included and having a role to play in small team and group activities. Consider how they would feel if they didn’t have a role to play.
- Mindmap what working cooperatively looks, sounds and feels like.
- Create a wall display of photographs/pictures of children working co-operatively with annotated explanations of what is happening in the photos.
Suggested Word Bank
- team work