Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- I make full use and value the opportunities I am given to improve and manage my learning and in turn, I can help to encourage learning and confidence in others. HWB 0-11a
- I am developing my understanding of the human body and can use this knowledge to improve and maintain my wellbeing and health. HWB 0-15a
- I know that being active is a healthy way to be. HWB 0-27a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To consider their own levels of activity and set simple, achievable goals, with support.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Take part in energetic play every day to develop my health and wellbeing. HWB 0-15a
- Begin to record ways that I am active every day in and out of school, with support. HWB 0-27a
- Begin to make decisions about how I can become more active at school and home. HWB 0-11a
Suggested Learning Experiences
COVID Support - Education Scotland have highlighted physical education as a critical learning opportunity for pupils as they heal, re-connect, and adapt on their return to school. To support schools with these considerations and others, they have released specific guidelines designed to assist with the planning, decision-making and the safe implementation of curricular physical education.
- Provide the children with the opportunity to engage in a range of daily physical activity sessions including playground games/outdoor learning.
- Provide an active playground programme/range of playground games/equipment.
- Observe/record children taking part in a range of fitness challenges and daily physical activity sessions.
- Set simple daily fitness challenges eg. hopping for 20seconds – recording progress each day for a week.
- Talk about different ways they can be active in school/at home.
- Become involved in local/national campaigns to promote physical activity eg, Walk to School Week/ Sponsored ‘Wheelie’ events etc.
- Talk about how they can improve their activity levels at home eg, less time watching tv; less time playing games consoles etc.
- Involve parents in recording eg diary log of activities they do as a family for a week – use diaries to set simple targets to improve activity levels.
- Create posters to promote active behaviour both in and out of school.
- Plan an active parent/child session to allow parents and children to learn how they can be active together and to promote activities they can reinforce at home.
Suggested Cross-Curricular Links
- TCH 0-04a – use ICT to create displays of children being active in and out of school.
- MNU 0-20a – carry out a class survey of how children travel to school.
Suggested Word Bank