Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- I am developing my movement skills through practice and energetic play. HWB 0-22a
- By exploring and observing movement, I can describe what I have learned about it. HWB 0-24a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To explore and practice different ways of moving the body.
- To begin to reflect on own and others’ performance.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Select and demonstrate a range of movement skills in different activities. HWB 0-22a
- Discuss what I have learned about different ways to move my body. HWB 0-24a
- Describe how to improve my movement skills. HWB 0-24a
Suggested Learning Experiences
COVID Support - Education Scotland have highlighted physical education as a critical learning opportunity for pupils as they heal, re-connect, and adapt on their return to school. To support schools with these considerations and others, they have released specific guidelines designed to assist with the planning, decision-making and the safe implementation of curricular physical education.
- Explore a range of movement skills on floor and low level apparatus, including travelling, jumping, landing and rolling.
- Explore movement in response a range of stimuli eg, voice, music, instructions, stories, nursery rhymes etc.
- Explore movement on different limbs and parts of the body both on the floor and low level apparatus eg, benches – from direct instruction to personal exploring and investigating.
- Develop body control through performing simple balances on different parts of the body.
- Travel at different speeds, levels – walking, hopping, jumping.
- Engage in a range of throwing, rolling, striking, aiming and catching activities using different types, size and shape of equipment.
- Engage in a range of individual, partner and group activities to promote independent and collaborative learning.
- Self and peer assessment – discuss what they found easy/difficult and why. Consider how they might get better at a particular skill.
- Work with partner and describe the way the other is moving, eg which animal is it like, slow/fast, high/low etc. Offer feedback on how they can make their movements/actions more controlled.
Suggested Cross-Curricular Links
- MNU 0-17a – Within a range of activities, develop positional language eg high, low etc.
Suggested Word Bank