Suggested HWB Experiences & Outcomes
- I value the opportunities I am given to make friends and be part of a group in a range of situations. HWB 0-14a
- I enjoy eating a diversity of foods in a range of social situations. HWB 0-29a
Suggested Learning Intentions
- To experience the fun and enjoyment of eating with friends and in small groups.
Suggested Success Criteria (I can...)
- Describe how eating with friends and peers makes me feel. HWB 0-14a
- Show simple social skills when eating with others. HWB 0-29a
- Match appropriate foods to different social situations. HWB 0-29a
Suggested Learning Experiences
- Mind map all the different social situations where eating takes place – parties, dining table, picnic, school dinners, snack table, restaurants, family home etc.
- Talk about a time they have shared and enjoyed eating with family/friends.
- Share own experiences of eating with friends and family at home and on special occasions – what did they like about it, how did they feel?
- Provide a range of social situations where the children can eat together eg. picnics, snacks, barbecues, parties, celebrations.
- Introduce roles/responsibilities when playing in the role-play restaurant.
- Arrange a picnic in the woods/outdoor area.
- Have some photographs of children displaying good table manners when eating with others.
- Help to set up a picnic, snack table for others to enjoy.
- Design a display of images of different foods and children to sort/match to the correct occasion eg, turkey – Christmas, birthday cake – party etc.
- Children could create own picture cards/sorting game.
Suggested Cross-Curricular Links
- LIT 0-19a - Read a range of texts where the central theme is sharing, friendships eg The Bear Who Shared by Catherine Rayner.
- EXA 0-14a – Set up a café restaurant area where children can role-play ‘cooking’, ordering, serving and eating food.
Suggested Word Bank
- taking turns
Parent & Community Engagement
Pathways, Tracking & Monitoring
- Year Planner (Early Level)
- Pupil Learning Log and Benchmarks eif
- Annual Progression Planner ( Early Level)
- Topic Specific Planners ( Early Level)
- Included E/O Bundle ( Rights Respecting Schools)
NHS Lanarkshire Library Resources
- Lunch box game. – Resource ID:000340859, Shelfmark: 613.2 ORC (G) Race to fill your lunch box. Identify healthy food and improve your memory skills as you race to fill your lunch box with tasty items. For 2 – 4 players. Ages 3 to 7.